Sunday, July 25, 2010

Long Run - 4 Miler

:) I know, I know - 4 miles is not that long....but hey, it is for me. Saturday morning I ran with Debbie, of the CRC, and her brother for 4 full miles (stopped 2 times to rest but think I could have run the whole thing). It went well and I think it is about time to set some race goals. I have to do something to continue to make myself get up early and out on the road.

So here it is:
  • Goal #1 - Run The Berryman Adventure Race September 25, 2010 with Don. That is a pretty big goal considering it is a 12 hour race and I know I may not make it, but if at the end of August, I have done some lifting and gotten out on my bike, then I think it's a possiblity. I love that race and I love racing with Don so that is the "fire" under my rear.
  • Goal #2 - probably more realistic than Goal #1, to run the 1/2 Marathon (13.1 miles) on October 10 at the first annual Mother Road Marathon, Half-Marathon, and 5K. I won't be going for an awesome time but to finish and have fun being back out there on the road, to see the sights and enjoy my friends running beside me. From what I figured, if I can add 1 mile to my long run each week, I should be just fine.
Updates to come.
Run On!
Brooke

1 comment:

shellyrm aka jogging stroller mama said...

I am a big believer in not walking during a run. With that said, I have also been running for a veeeeeeerrrrrrryyyyyy long time BUT I never really did walk during runs. I simply ran slower, shorter and built up. If I get tired to the point that I have to stop, I don't move forward. If anything I will walk in circles and stretch (if I have a cramp or something) I don't move forward in mileage until I can run X number of miles without stopping(at whatever pace is your current training pace).
Don't worry about adding distance until you can "comfortably" run the distance you are going now. I love that you are ready to push yourself for more and I can't wait to see what race you decide to go for!!!