Friday, July 23, 2010

Time to Add a Mile

It was an exciting run this morning that I almost missed - oops. Since I was running with Debbie, we were starting a bit later than when I run w/Chanti, so of course I thought it would be easier to get up, but again (like with Chanti) I almost overslept. Thinking there is a reason for this.....Maybe I was tired because Greyson did not cooperate last night getting up 2 times to eat, needing more than 2 diaper changes (poo - yuck), and then didn't want to go back to sleep at 5am after eating....so you can understand.

But to get to the exciting part....this morning I ran all but two very small sections from light pole to light pole of my 3 mile route. I didn't have the stroller with me and know that it would have probably required me to take a few more rests but I finally feel like I am getting back to my old runner self. What was so much fun was that I even talked a bit (lungs were screaming at me). One of my reasons for running, and there are many, is to socialize with my friends. I didn't want to slow them down when I was pregnant so it had been a while since I had run with any of them. It was great to catch up with another member of the CRC (Carthage Running Club) and I look forward to getting the whole group back together for a Saturday long run soon. Since I know that is a ways off I think I will be fine with another run with Debbie in the morning and I think it's time to add a mile and go a full 4 (fingers crossed).

Run On!
Brooke

1 comment:

Emz said...

YES!! Go for it!

YAY for you!!