Tuesday, April 12, 2011

A Special Thanks


It's been such a long time since our last post simply because Greyson is doing so great and we haven't really felt like there was much to say. He has more teeth coming in, he's scooting around, has gained a bit of weight, and is getting ready to turn the BIG 1 quite soon!

But yesterday we got some sad news about one of Greyson's supporters, Richard Campbell, and all I have been thinking about is how we need to take a moment to say thanks and to let his family know we are thinking about them, we send them our love, and we are sharing their sadness.

I don't claim that I knew him well, but I know that he was a loving husband, dad, grandfather, brother, son, uncle, friend, and more. I know that people say he was a very caring person. I know that as people have talked about him I haven't heard anyone say anything more than how much he will be missed.
And even though I didn't know him well I know that he cared for our son. I know he visited Greyson's page every time we posted an update and even sometimes more than that. I know that he waved at me every time he saw me out running and he got a kick out of telling me that Greyson was always beating me when I push him around town. I know that the first time we took Greyson to Michael's work, he took time out of his day to meet Greyson and make sure he was doing well. I didn't know him well, but what I did know I will miss.

I never know what to say in these sort of times, but I had to say something. Our hearts goes out to everyone that loved Richard and we will miss seeing his name show up every time we make new Greyson updates.

Brooke

No comments: