Thursday, April 21, 2011

Overlap

It's amazing when it happens...when your work life overlaps your personal life and you find cool stuff that can appeal to multiple sides of you.

Recently (February) I finally got my new mountain bike that I have been saving for almost 2 years. Sadly, I haven't taken it out on any real trails yet. Now I am stoked to get out on Sunday and see what I can do thanks to this video...... Pedal Driven "bike-umentary" (extended trailer) was shared through the eMINTS blog, Networked Teaching & Learning,  in honor of Earth Week. The hope is to encourage teachers to use authentic resources like this video for the purpose of engaging kids not only in using technology and creating multimedia all while learning about science, how having a voice is important, how respecting our earth, and so much more.

Enjoy....


Pedal-Driven: Behind the Film from Howell at the Moon Productions on Vimeo.

Run On!
Brooke

2 comments:

Alessandro S Silva said...

Nice video. Excellent picture. Tks for sharing.

Boas Corridas!!

Alessandro
http://blog42195.blogspot.com/

Read/Write/Run said...

Thanks for the video. Mountain biking is a great cross training option for runners. So go out and enjoy the bike, but be careful with the type of trail you ride on. I don't do technical trails as much because I don't want to hurt myself for running. And BTW, I'd never do any of that high jump stuff, but that's just me.