Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Almond Butter Toffee

Inspired by a recipe and lovely pictures I found on one of my favorite blogs, The Pioneer Woman: Lia's Butter Toffee...that's it; I had to make some. After looking at her recipe it occurred to me that I have made this recipe before so I started looking through my recipe books and figured it out. Lia's Butter Toffee is basically the same as my mom's Almond Butter Crunch.

It was as easy as I remembered - like the caramels; just dump all ingredients into a pot and bring to 300 degrees (must use a candy thermometer), stirred in toasted almonds, then poured it into a greased pan, after letting it cool until firm I sprinkled some chocolate chips on the top and when melted I spread it over the toffee and sprinkled on the last of the almonds. Delicious!


Almond Butter Toffee
1/2 cup melted butter
2/3 cup sugar
1 1/2 Tablespoon water
1/2 Tablespoon + 1 teaspoon corn syrup
1/2 cup chopped, toasted slivered almonds
1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
  1. Mix all ingredients in a pot and bring to 300 degrees (must use a candy thermometer)
  2. Stir in 1/2 of the toasted almonds
  3. Poured it into a greased pan and let it cool until firm 
  4. Sprinkle chocolate chips on the top and when melted spread it over the toffee
  5. Sprinkle on the last of the almonds. (can repeat steps 4 & 5 on other side if you want)
  6. Break into pieces and store in container.

1 comment:

MomBE said...

YUMMY!!!! When Can I come over and eat some?????