Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Why Wednesday - Clutz

"Brooke, WHY are you laying on the ground?" you might have asked if you had come upon me at 6:45am this morning.....

WELLLLLLLL, that would be because this morning I officially* fell for the first time on a run. Guess I was in a zone and not paying attention to the road when all of a sudden I felt my body fling forward and before the message could get to my arms - scrape, skid, bump - I was down. Luckily, I instinctively turned to one side so I didn't get my face but I did bang my knee, shoulder, and head pretty good. Had my gloves on so my hands didn't get torn up but did sting a little. As soon as I landed I rolled to my back to assess the situation (and make sure no one saw me) and looked back to see what obstacle I missed in the road. Funny thing, all that was there was just an uneven spot in the road that I have run over 100's if not 1000's of times. Thinking maybe I should pick up my feet a bit. But no worries, I'm not really hurt, just a bruise or two ;-) so all is well. Should be ready for my long run (15) on Friday. Hoping the weather holds out for me.

Run On!
Brooke

*I have fallen one other time on a run but that was trail running and that doesn't fall into the same category - you know, roots, rocks, ruts...who wouldn't fall down ;-)

2 comments:

Emz said...

Like you said, "run on!"

Cute post. :)

Whitney said...

Oh no, glad to hear you are okay! Good luck with your long run.