Thursday, December 9, 2010

Pecan Balls - A Family Tradition

For as long as I can remember my Grandma Roberts has been making Pecan Balls at Christmas time. It is the only time of year we ever have them and when I started baking for the holidays I added that recipe to my list as well. They are a tradition and a must at Christmas.  Even if we don't have a white Christmas we will have these little snowballs.


Pecan Balls:
1 cup butter
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup chopped pecans
2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon salt

Cream butter and sugar. Blend in vanilla and pecans. Add flour and salt. Mix until smooth. Form into1-1 1/2 inch balls and back on un-greased cookie sheet at 325 degrees for 25 minutes. While warm, roll in powdered sugar. Allow to cool.

The ingredients are simple and even easier to bake. I don't think I have ever messed them up.

No comments: