Wednesday, December 1, 2010

I've Commited (Have Me Committed)

On your mark, get set, go!
Looks like Little Rock Marathon is on the official Brooke Race Calendar for the Spring. The festivities will begin at 8am on March 6, 2011. The sister has twisted my arm just far enough to get me to commit (and I am wondering if I should be committed since I have heard it is hilly). She swears it will be fun and I also have another friend planning to run so at least I won't be alone. Running Little Rock will also get me my 5th marathon in my 5th state. A couple of highlights.....a huge finished medal and we can drive. There is some apprehension on my part because what I most most worried about is being alone for my long runs. I have had the great luck of having local friends running the same marathons as me for the past 4 so I have always had at least one person to put in the miles with. This time it looks like I will be on my own :( I know the CRC will be with me for some miles but not like usual. Oh well...I did my first marathon training alone... I can do it this time and bonus.... it will get me ready for the Ozark Greenways Adventure Race in May.

Other races possibly on the calendar:
Eric's Run - Jan. 9??? in Carthage (5K)
Run with the Wind - Feb. 26 from Sarcoxie, MO to Carthage, MO (30K)
Brew to Brew - April 3 in KC (44 mile relay)
OCK Marathon - May 1 (26.2 miles maybe with Debbie)

Run On!
Brooke

3 comments:

Chanti said...

You'll do great! Wish I could train with you more!

Whitney said...

I'm thinking of doing the 25K in February too. I did the Little Rock Half when I first moved to Arkansas in 2004, there were some hills but it was my PR race until last year. Good luck with your training!

Brooke said...

Good to know Whitney (about Little Rock)-thx. Maybe I'll see you at the Run With the Wind.