Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Why Wednesday - Running With "The Girls"

*I apologize in advance if there are any men reading this that I offend (don't really think there are many people that read this anyway so I think I can be candid:)....

Before every run, when I get my clothes together, almost every time I forget one of my bra tanks/sports bras. How could I forget 1 you say?????....that would be because I now have to wear 2! My little sports bras that I have had for years don't seem to be doing the trick anymore (they haven't for more than a year) and it now requires two sports bras to "hold things together".

It is a well known fact that when you get pregnant, and then if you decide to breast feed, your boobs get big huge. For some ladies, this is not such a big deal because they were used to boobs to begin with, but for me, someone that had basically nothing, this has been a big huge change...and I hate to complain cause I know that I will wish them back later, but I'm really not that fond of them. Although Michael would probably like to plead his case.

So this brings me to my WHY ........... 
WHY don't I just break down and buy a few new running bra tops?

This whole issue of not having enough bra's and only needing to wear one would be solved if I would go buy a couple of bigger, more supportive, sports bras but for some reason I keep putting it off. Not really sure why....Maybe I am thinking that as soon as I go buy some the new "girls" will know it and disappear as a cruel joke. But most likely I am just a cheapskate and won't spring for any knowing that when I am done breastfeeding (which will be much sooner than Michael's 2 years idea), they will shrink and then they won't fit anymore and will be a waste laying in my drawer like the 1 maternity tank my sister gave me. I do have plans to pass that tank on to a friend but not sure if she, or anyone, would want my "hand-me-down" bras ;-) .....Just saying....

Run On!
Brooke

No comments: