Sunday, May 9, 2010

Early Morning, Mother's Day

It's early and I can't sleep...think it is in anticipation of getting to go see Greyson again today. Hoping to make two longer visits around his feeding times and trying to see if he will be up for more nursing. Trying to coordinate some friends visits so that maybe they can come and see him as well. Can't wait to share him with everyone.
Dad and Beck were able to visit us last night and then headed over to see Greyson. They said he didn't fuss a bit and was, of course, the most beautiful baby. Wish they could hold him but with all the stuff he is hooked up to it is very hard....maybe next time. Michael went over and spent some time with him as well. He talked to the nurse about how his first formula feedings went and she said he did spit up a bit of it so they are going to talk to the Dr. about that and hope it doesn't continue. He has lost a bit of weight and is just under 10 lbs but still doing good.
Michael ended up staying here with me last night and we both got some much needed sleep. I don't think he has moved a bit since laying down in the recliner and is sleeping so hard he isn't even snoring (yeah).
Thinking about Mother's Day and my mothers that have been there for me for my whole life (or just parts).... think I might "get it" a little bit more now. I need to give them more than just an "I Love You" and a card today and thought about what better place than here to tell everyone how wonderful they are and how lucky I am to have them all. Thanks Mom, Diane, and Beck. They are all giving so much to make Greyson's entrance into the world easier and I know will give and do so much more to make him happy (and help me out as well).
It is so special to have this little guy in our lives and I still can't imagine how much he is going to change it all. I will send out an update or two later today. To all of our friends, enjoy your Mother's Day and your Mothers.

No comments: