Sunday, May 9, 2010

End of Day, Mother's Day

Greyson still has a touch of Jaundice and is under the "bili-lights" and is now getting some nourishment through IV to help with his dehydration. He did get some formula this evening (about an ounce) and was moved up a size in diapers....think the newborn size was a bit small to start with ;) He has lost a bit of weight and is now below 10 pounds but not by much. Hope that breastfeeding will be on a regular basis now that I won't have to spend so much time traveling between hospitals but I will still have to rest and recover.
Not much more to update about changes in Greyson's health but he did have a full afternoon and evening of visitors.
We had the chance to introduce him to friends this afternoon with more to come in the days to follow. John, Don, and Jackie all got to see him but couldn't hold him :( due to the need to keep him under the lights. Not sure how many more days that will last but we hope not many. It isn't very fun to not be able to hold him and love on him when we go see him. Michael and I had head back to St. Luke's so I could rest a bit more and recover and it was VERY hard, but we left knowing he was in good hands with Gramps (my dad) and Grandma Beck and then later in the evening, Grandma Shelia and Papa Charlie. It is so nice that Children's Mercy will let grandparents in when we aren't around....that leaves more opportunities for lovin'.
So far it sounds like I am getting out tomorrow (I hope early) after Dr.s rounds when I should get my staples out and get a prescription for some pain pills. Then we will get set up in Ronald McDonald house (Longfellow House) and FINALLY have some uninterrupted time with Greyson and a chance to talk to some doctors.
I couldn't have asked for a better gift for Mother's Day. Counting my blessings for sure and thank you for all the wonderful messages. We hope that all the Mother's reading about our family had special days themselves ;)
Brooke

No comments: