Thursday, May 20, 2010

Getting Ready

I can see the light at the end of the tunnel finally. As of May 7 at 10:30am, Michael and I are parents to a beautiful little boy, Greyson Shane. I did have to have a C-Section so running is still a bit further away than I want but it is getting so close that I can almost taste it. I am two weeks out from surgery and the doctor said I could be back running in 5-6 weeks.

So far I am feeling pretty good. Tomorrow will be my first real test....a walk. We'll have to see how it goes. Hoping I can make it at least a mile and a quarter but won't push it too hard. I would really hate to over-do-it on the first day with such an embarrassing distance. Tralaine (sister) is coming this weekend and I really wish we could go run but maybe she will be OK with a walk.

Greyson is getting ready himself...working on his lungs a lot but also on his attire.  I, myself, am an Asics fan but he seems to be partial to Nike for now.




Run On!
Brooke

No comments: