Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Too Close for Comfort

They say close only counts in hand grenades and horseshoes but today was a bit to close for comfort. After the Amnio today I started having some pretty strong contractions that didn't seem to want to go away and was monitored by the doctors office and then sent up to labor and delivery to see what was going on. They had us (Allison and I) practically convinced that I would not be going home and would be having the baby early. Luckily by the time the doctor came in the contractions were not as bad and she went ahead and sent me home to relax and rest and be ready to go on Friday.
Whew, that was a little too close...all I could think was that poor Michael was going to have to pack for us since all I left the house with was an emergency hospital bag with some toiletries and some clothes. I am so happy to be home to pack properly and prepare in our own home.
The best part of the day was that we found out the baby's lungs are good and we are a go for Friday 10AM. Check back after that for an update and hopefully some pictures.
We owe Allison BIG - she kept me calm and helped communicate what was going on with Michael and others. She even drove me home. Thanks again to all of our family and friends for the support. This baby is sure loved ;)
Brooke (& Michael)

No comments: