Tuesday, January 11, 2011

I Wanto to Be a Photographer

When I grow up I want to be a photographer. As I  look at photos I've taken all I can think is "well that's not really what I was going for but it'll do." Then I go and look at all these scrapbooker and photographer blogs and am in awe of the great shots they get and how perfect they look... and I am envious.

Some of my favs.....WilletteAli Edwards, The Coffee Shop Blog, Liz at Paislee Press, Jaime at Three Paper Peonies, The Pioneer Woman, My Four Hens Photography, and MomBE of course.

What I have figured out is that a photographers eye is a tough thing to fake or pretend to posses. I'm not sure it can really even be learned; it must be a gift. But something has to be done and I believe I can get better so I am going to have to do something and maybe the first thing that I should do is to get a better camera. My iPhone4 and old CyberShot are just not cutting it these days. They are so slow and lack the crisp focus I am looking for. Half the time I miss the perfect shot (smile) and find myself trying to recreate a picture gone by (which never turns out). Every now and then I get a good one but overall I'm not that impressed with my current camera capabilities.

I have been saving for two years to get a new bike (bought it Saturday) so I guess what I am saving for now is a "GOOD" camera. Any suggestions? point and shoot? which one? SLR? brand? Any classes I can take? Wish me luck it could be two years before things get any better ;-)

No comments: