Friday, January 28, 2011

Why Wednesday - Can't Go Home

A day late but I am sure you will all understand....I was lucky to get my run in yesterday with all the preparation to try and get out of town for Greyson's surgery. Didn't even know if I would have time for this post but seeing how we are sitting in the surgery waiting room for a second time today it seems I can fit it in.

Yesterday I waited to do my 6 miler until later in the morning and decided to make it a productive run in more ways than one. We had some mail that needed to go out and a deposit that needed to be made so I stuffed the envelopes in my shirt and took off. The weather was nice (at least sunny) and as I stood on the front porch I thought "how nice, I don't need a coat, gloves, or my stocking cap". Then about 1/2 mile from the house I realized the gloves at least would have been nice. Guess the wind was blocked on my porch so I didn't feel how chilly it was. So you would think at that point only being 1/2 mile from home I might turn around and go get them....why no...for some reason I thought that I could just tuff it out and get the miles done. This leads me to my big WHY for the day...

WHY is it so hard to go back by my house in the middle of a run?

Not sure if anyone else has this problem but sometimes the thought of going back home makes me want to be done so some days I will go to any length to not have to pass my house - I will even run an extra hill or two. (FYI this "rule" doesn't count on long run days)

Run On!
Brooke

No comments: