Saturday, January 15, 2011

Marathon Training Update - 20 miler

 What a beautiful day for a long run. The temp started out somewhere around 30 degrees and got a bit warmer as the miles passed. I spent the first 10 miles plodding away by myself but then met Debbie at my house for the second 10 miles. Think I averaged about a 9:55 but did have to stop a few times to go to the RR and refuel. Want to start running a bit faster but am happy with how I feel now. The legs are fatigued and my feet are aching but if I wanted to I could run tomorrow.
Training has gone pretty well. The major problem I have been having is an aching hip and bunion. Nothing I can't get through though. I just finished my first build and will start the second in a few weeks. Luckily I have a recovery week when we take G to KC for his surgery so if I have to skip that run then I can get through. Tomorrow I need to call and get our room set up and register for the race since it is March 6. Tralaine and family are still coming and I will hopefully be running with Allison (from eMINTS) since she is running so much faster.

Hopefully I can remember to write about my training progress as well as my other running stuff.

Run On!
Brooke

No comments: