Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Why Wednesday - Weird Dream & Non Runners

So this morning sometime between Greyson getting up at 5am to eat and then at 7:30am for the day I had the weirdest dream about running...

Usually my running dreams are made up of me not being able to run even though I am trying my hardest, like my legs are lead weights but this morning that wasn't the case. This morning I dreamed that someone turned me into family services because I was endangering my child by pushing him in the stroller "too much".

I realize that dreams come from our subconscious but what is odd is that I haven't taken him out in the stroller in a while since it has been too cold and gets dark too early. I think this may have come out of a comment (over 2 months ago) a family member made about one of her friends seeing me pushing G around 5pm at a busy (busy being a relative term because let's remember I live in a very small town) corner and they said I was "going to get my baby hit by a car". I was a bit offended by this comment even though I am sure it was said in jest (or ignorance) but obviously my subconscious can't let it go. Really...... they are crazy thinking any mom would put their child in danger just so that they can run. Why do they think I bought the bright yellow stroller with the weather shield anyway ;P

Which takes me to this...

WHY do I ever think non-runners will "get it"? Maybe it's just a non-runner making a non-runner observation???

Which takes me to this...enjoy!



Run On!
Brooke

2 comments:

Read/Write/Run said...

Hi. I found your blog looking for other runners.

That about sums up a number of people I know who don't have a clue what running is all about. They will never get it and that's okay. I just don't discuss it with them anymore.

Try not to let that person get to you. It's just ignorance. There's more risk associated with driving your car with kids inside. Now should we stop doing that?


If you get a chance stop by my blog and say hello.


Ken

Brooke said...

Thanks Ken, you are soooo right...just have to learn to let it go like I have when people run me off the road with their cars :)

Have a great one and run on!
Brooke