Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Why Wednesday - Cold Weather Questions

This morning when I left to meet Chanti for our early morning run (I left at 5:10am) it was a little chilly...the good thing was that there was no wind so the 23 degrees actually felt like 23 degrees. 8.5 miles later (@9:40's) I got home before Michael and Greyson woke up so of course I jumped in the shower and started to warm up...that was when my Why Wednesday questions came to me ;-) Maybe you can answer some of them.

WHY did I used to think that I had to run at the Y if the temp was below 40 degrees?
WHY could I not taste my Gatorade when I got home? (can taste buds freeze?)
WHY could I tell that my hands and face were cold on the run but not my butt? hehehehe
WHY did the warm water feel HOT when got in the shower?
WHY does skin turn red with it gets really cold?
WHY does my skin itch when it is "thawing" out in the shower?

Run On! in the cold
Brooke

No comments: